Thursday, May 24, 2012

God doesn't call the equipped; He equips the called.

The let you know I made it to France! It has been the second full day here in Montpellier. God you are great. We spent 24+ hours traveling to the city, but God was gracious and got us all here safe. It was a tough first day yesterday running on little to no sleep, but I managed. We spent the last two days on the university campus talking with the students. It's been a little nerve wracking. The language barrier is the only thing that holds me back from talking to people about Jesus. However, I start each conversation with the magic phrase: "Boujour. Excusez-moi de vous deranger, mais parlez-vous anglais?" (Hello. Sorry to bother you, but do you speak english!)

We've been very busy and have lots to do. I'm going to keep this post short. Today we met a French student named Paul. He said he was a Catholic and believed in God. We asked him what the meaning of life was and he said it was to be a good moral person and help those around us. I don't know where he sits with God and I have no grounds to judge his salvation. However, would you please join me in praying for Paul and men and women like him. That God would reveal himself to him, and that I would have God's love for each person I speak with on campus.

We have not spent all time on campus. We have had some chances to explore the city center. The history is apparent everywhere you turn. There's even a Roman aqueduct that's maybe a little over 1 mile away from our residence. Here are some photos.
Pool of water at end of aqueduct

Mallard in pool

Sunset over the city


Merci for the prayers and support.

Au Revoir

No comments:

Post a Comment