Friday, April 27, 2012

Blessings Go Both Ways

It's been a week since my last update. God has been working in my life in more ways than I realize. He has been introducing me to people that have similar connections and experiences with people I have met. He is showing me how one person can make an impact on multiple peoples lives leaving a lasting legacy. I have been blessed far more than I could ever imagine and this is just the end of the beginning. God has a plan for me and all people. As I've been preparing to travel to France on a mission trip this summer, God has been growing me. He has been disciplining my heart and showing me His love and forgiveness that I need to reflect onto others. I have been greatly blessed with the support that has come in to fund my missions trip. Less than a week ago I was a little over 1/2 way from reaching the total needed to fund the mission trip costs. As of yesterday, God has blessed me with over 80% of the funds raised because of generous ministry partners listening to His call. Also this last Wednesday I was on an overnight trip for my internship. I was riding with one of my co-workers down to Burlington and God blessed the ride with a spiritual conversation. My co-worker asked me what I was doing this summer and I had the opportunity to inform him of the missions trip to France. As the conversation went along I was able to ask him about his religious beliefs and I learned about how he was saved as a child and how he came to know Christ as his savior and Lord. It's been a blessing to see how God is working in my life. I think I just need to take the time each day and look for His fingerprints in my life. If I actually did, I would be forever thankful and conscious of God's never ceasing love and mercy. I encourage you to stop now and think of how God is working in your life. I guarantee He is blessing you to be a blessing to others.

Here is a song that sums up what I want to live out, however my sin and flesh keeps feeding me lies. Every time I hear this song on the radio I think of how I've neglected the opportunities God has given me to do His work. How I have punked out and haven't listened to the Holy Spirit tugging at my heart to move. I want to be a positive influence to those around me. I want to be a reflection of Christ to those who need hope, love, a friend, security, truth, forgiveness. I want to be able to share with them how Christ has worked in my life and how He loves them as His children. That they are a chosen people. Adopted through Christ's death on the cross and resurrection victory over death. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment